Scripps Ranch Softball Association Scholarship
The Scripps Ranch Softball Association (SRSA) has established the SRSA Scholarship Fund. Funds will be awarded annually, provided sufficient donations are received to maintain the Scholarship Fund. We are pleased to announce that this scholarship program will continue this year.
These scholarships are designed for high school seniors from our community who have played in the Scripps Ranch Girls Fast Pitch softball league who will be attending college.
In selecting the recipients, the Scholarship Committee will consider the following:
* personal statement describing the following:
participation in the SRSA league
why they should be considered
college and post college plans
* the academic performance of the applicant
* the high school extra-curricular activity of the applicant
* the applicant’s involvement in community activities
The SRSA Board urges any high school senior planning to attend college, and who meets the criteria for this scholarship to apply as soon as possible. Every eligible applicant will be given the utmost consideration, and we wish each of you the best of luck in the pursuit of a higher education. Applications are due on May 9, 2021. The Board will evaluate each candidate based on the above criteria and will select scholarship recipients by May 15, 2021.
Rules and Regulations for the 2021 Scripps Ranch Softball Association Scholarship Fund
1. All candidates for a scholarship must submit a formal application for this aid to the SRSA Board of Directors by May 9, 2021.
2. All applicants must participate or have participated in the Scripps Ranch Girls Fast Pitch softball league.
3. The following qualities shall be used to determine the scholarship recipients:
a. Personal Statement
b. The academic performance of the applicant.
c. The high school extra-curricular activity of the applicant.
d. The applicant’s community involvement.
4. All funds shall be open for use in any accredited institution of higher learning. The student must take a course resulting in a degree and be a full time student (minimum 12 credit hours).
5. A draft on the scholarship fund will be awarded to the recipient directly in the amount designated by the scholarship committee and must be used in the following manner: (Check will be made payable to student & college)
a. Dormitory room and board.
b. Tuition and fees
c. Books or educational materials.
Satisfactory proof of the recipient’s enrollment in college may
be required. If the recipient does not enter college, the award
shall be returned to the Scholarship Fund.
6. This scholarship is available only to high school seniors, and if received must be used in the fall semester following their graduation from high school. A student may only receive this award once.
7. All decisions on scholarship selection by the SRSA Board shall be final.
Please complete this Google Form by May 9, 2021